Who May Apply?
Center Grove Certified Staff and Administrators
- Submit grant applications on the form provided on the CGEF website.
- The application must be completed and be submitted within the set fall and spring cycle timelines. The online form will automatically close at midnight on the application deadline.
- Fall cycle applications may be for the following spring semester or summer; Spring cycle applications may be for the following summer or fall semester.
- A description of the professional development opportunity, objectives, and opportunity specifics must be included. (What makes this PD opportunity special?)
- State why the opportunity offers a new approach to a specific problem or otherwise supports the current building professional development plan or corporation initiative.
- State what expenses for the opportunity will be incurred (registration, travel, accommodations, additional expenses). The expected average range of grant funds available (per grant) will be approximately $250 – $2,500.
- All opportunities must be educational and be related to the content area of the applicant.
- Equipment requests require an educational objective demonstrating how the requested equipment is an integral piece to the professional development opportunity.
- The opportunity should reflect how the applicant intends to use the experience to improve student character, achievement, or motivation.
- If the opportunity is designed to be ongoing, the opportunity should be capable of being continued without long-term future funding from the CGEF.
- When available, the opportunity should involve chances for matching funds or resources from third parties.
- Depending on available funds, the CGEF may approve only partial funding for an opportunity. CGEF may also provide assistance in securing additional funding through community Excellence Partners.
- The building administrator or Grants Committee may request additional information.
- Opportunity must not have been completed before the applicant applies for a grant.
- Final approval of all requests will be made by the CGEF Grants Committee based on funding availability.
Revised September 2021