The Center Grove Education Foundation (CGEF) supports Center Grove students, teachers, administrators and staff. Our mission is to partner with our community to enrich the lives of the approximately 8,000 Center Grove Community School Corporation (CGCSC) students by funding additional learning experiences and resources for teachers and administrators.
Founded in 1998, the Foundation is a 501(C)(3) not-for-profit organization led by a board of directors representing various areas of the Center Grove community (unincorporated; located in White River Township in Johnson County).
Our volunteer board members work together to raise money to fund educational projects that go beyond the normal charter of the school corporation. The Foundation bridges the gap between programs funded with tax dollars and the need for additional imaginative programs and activities to ensure that students learn, grow and achieve their full academic potential.
We are blessed to be a part of a community that understands the vital link between high quality public education and a vibrant local economy. Thank you to everyone in the Center Grove business and residential communities who provide ongoing support for the Foundation. Together, we can succeed in our efforts to enhance education, helping to provide a solid foundation for the future leaders of the Center Grove area.
Donations to the Foundation are tax deductible.
What we do:
- Provide teacher grants to fund creative and innovative classroom experiences – providing WOW moments for CG kids!
- Help fund CGCSC programs like REACH – through Remediation and Enrichment, Achievement Can Happen! Click here to learn more about the REACH Program. (Link to REACH brochure.)
- Partner with other district groups to help improve their efficiency. The Center Grove Alumni and Friends and Center Grove Early College Boosters are now a part of the CGEF. In 2015, the Center Grove Scholarship Fund will also join the CGEF. This is a win-win situation for all CG organizations, because as we grow, we become eligible to apply for larger grants to help fund even more Center Grove projects.
- Provide 501(c)(3) designation to other groups in the district, making donations to them tax deductible.
- Purchased eReaders for struggling and emerging readers.
- Purchased laptops for kids who couldn’t afford them for the Early College Program.
- Purchased “Flashmasters” for the elementary and middle schools to help students improve mathematics skills.
How can you help?
- Join the Center Grove Circle of Excellence! It’s only a $25/year investment to help continue the Center Grove tradition of excellence.
- When you shop at Amazon, click here http://smile.amazon.com/ch/35-2062408, and a portion of your purchase will benefit Center Grove!
- When you shop at Gordon Food Service, fill out a “Fun Funds” card and portions of your purchases will support us.
- Use GoodSearch for your internet searching and a penny will come to us for every search! Also, when you shop online through GoodSearch, a percentage of every purchase will come to us.
- Donate Online. Please consider an annual gift, or a one-time major gift. You may also designate your gifts to funding opportunities of your choosing.
- Contact Us and let us know other ways you would like to help, like joining an event committee … or even serving on the Board!